EDITOR’S NOTE: For continuous news updates on the Wyland Living Green Fair (WLGF), visit http://www.livinggreenfair.com/, follow twitter/green_fair, friend on Facebook, email event producer at [email protected] or call 561-241-7309.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact: Kaye Communications, Inc. 561-392-5166
Bonnie S. Kaye, [email protected], Mobile: 561-756-3099
Jon A. Kaye, [email protected], Mobile: 561-756-3097
Photos and Interviews Available Upon Request
The Free Open-To-The-Public Regional Community Event Featuring Products, Displays, Demonstrations, Samplings. Plus Food, Fashion, Live Entertainment, And Art Will Show South Floridians It’s Easy Bein’ Green!
Passionate about the fair’s mission, globally renowned marine life artist Wyland — who was hailed a “Marine Michelangelo” by USA Today and is a leading international advocate for marine resource conservation — is lending his name and commitment to this year’s fair as the City of Boca Raton lends green space and host the regional event. Created to lead the way in educating families, communities and businesses on how to easily incorporate eco-friendly living with simple steps in everyday activities, fairgoers of all ages will be engaged through an array of entertaining interactive experiences such as Wyland painting 50-foot murals with South Florida children (a new one each day); product showcases; unique exhibitions; stage performances; organic cooking demos by South Florida chefs and food tastings; displays of eco-friendly hybrid cars; previews of organic fashions; a Kids Eco-zone; the Wyland Clean Water Mobile Learning Center complete with a 40-person theater, a running river, video microscopes, a watershed exhibit with actual rainfall; Wyland’s Extreme Water Journey Maze; movies; live entertainment; concert performances by Disney Channel and Radio Disney teen stars, and a host of other activities.
Following its successful debut last year at Dania Beach, the fair’s producer chose to move this year’s event to Downtown Boca — in the heart of the South Florida Tri-County area — to accommodate the event’s expansion in size, scope and programming and enhance proximity for a wider regional audience from Miami to Vero Beach. More than 10,000 attendees are expected in and around Mizner Park as they learn to purchase better environmentally safe products, create less waste, see and try the newest innovative products and services, and get involved in eco-friendly programs. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the nonprofit Wyland Foundation (http://www.wylandfoundation.org/) in support of its important global awareness and educational projects and initiatives.
“It is truly gratifying that Wyland, with his creative forces and worldwide following, has committed to lending his name and passion as title sponsor of this year’s fair and pleased to team up with the City of Boca Raton and Downtown Boca and such eco-respected partners as the Boca Raton Museum of Art , Florida Atlantic University and Sound Tree Entertainment for what promises to be a fun, family-friendly, engaging event for the public to enjoy,” said David Etzler, founder of the Wyland Living Green Fair. WLGF Eco-friendly sponsors include PNC Bank, the official WLGF Banking Sponsor; JM Family Enterprises, the official WLGF Education Outreach Sponsor; Boca Raton Resort & Club, the official WLGF Hotel; Kohler; Office Depot; Whole Foods; Toyota: Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC; JM Lexus; Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida; GGP; Royal Palm Place; Kaye Communications, Inc., and Boca Raton Symphonia.
City of Boca Raton Mayor Susan Whelchel adds, “We are delighted that such an important respected eco-friendly event such as the Wyland Living Green Fair has chosen Downtown Boca as its official new home in recognition of our City’s great strides in this area and what we do to heighten green consciousness on a daily basis.”
Something for Everyone: Including Live “Tween and Teen Time” Entertainment Featuring Disney Channel and Radio Disney Stars “To help spread the eco-friendly message to teens, we are pleased to also have Disney Channel and Radio Disney stars Anna Margaret, Jasmine Sagginario, and Ryan Newman joining us this year,” noted Etzler. “In addition to offering fairgoers a free, up close and personal autograph signing session with all three, Ryan Newman will host an exciting free eco-friendly fashion show.” He added that later in the afternoon Anna Margaret will “Rock For The Planet” in a benefit concert with Jasmine Sagginario as the opening act.” Tickets for the benefit are $12 for general admission, with a portion of the proceeds benefiting the Wyland Foundation.
Wyland Adds More Colors To 2010 “Green” Fair
Known for his life-size marine life murals, and artwork featured in museums, corporate collections, and private homes in more than 100 countries, Wyland will be adding a sea-full of colors to this year’s “green” showcase as visitors:
- Get the chance to meet and paint with Wyland to create a new original 50-foot mural each day
- Tour the Wyland art exhibition on display at the Boca Raton Museum of Art– WYLAND – Art and Conservation: In conjunction with the Wyland Living Green Fair, the Boca Raton Museum of Art will present a focus exhibition of Wyland artwork from October 11th to November 7th in its street level window gallery. The exhibition will consist of 23 works of art illustrating Wyland’s most iconic subjects: the ocean, its sea life, endangered wildlife, and whales. The exhibition will include original oil paintings, watercolors, Sumi-e ink and wash paintings, photography, limited edition graphics and two monumental bronze sculptures all by Wyland.
- View a series of 10-foot eco-themed murals designed and painted by South Florida school children
Then visitors can:
- Visit the Wyland’s Clean Water Mobile Learning Center-A 1,000-square-foot biodiesel powered science museum on wheels that educates the public about water conservation in a fun entertaining way. The Learning Center includes a 40-person movie theater, a running river, video microscopes, a watershed exhibit with actual rainfall and many other activities that create a unique and family oriented “Green” environment for all people to experience.
- Transform into a drop of water in Wyland’s Water’s Extreme Journey Maze-The entire family can discover the miracle of water, while getting lost in this highly interactive, stunningly visual giant Wyland-designed maze. This exhibition combines the worlds of art and science to demonstrate the importance of water and how it connects us all. Wyland’s themed maze game transforms visitors into a drop of water entering a watershed, sending them on a journey through different watershed habitats including lakes, streams, rivers, wetlands, estuaries, bays, and oceans. Along the way they must navigate Non-Point Source Pollutants originating from agriculture, development, litter, and our homes. Visitors will learn how to make cleaner choices and will reach the reward of a healthy ocean. This fully interactive maze experience incorporates play, scientific inquiry, art and action along with five additional activities located just outside the maze, including: hands-on water quality testing, a watershed demonstration, art-in-action letter writing, artistic mosaic collaboration, and clean water commitment pledges. Through exploration, scientific inquiry, artistic expression, and action, visitors will experience the water cycle, understand the science behind water purity, and realize the power each individual has to make a difference.
- Learn how the Grand Canyon was formed
- Watch popcorn being made from the sun
- Explore the Kids Eco-Zone that will feature Gumbo Limbo nature exhibits and scheduled activities to include art projects, planting of seedlings, games, entertainers, etc.
- Learn about the latest hybrid, electric and alternative fuel vehicles, bikes, skateboards via showcases/demos
- Learn recipes from the Cooking Stage featuring a full eco-friendly kitchen for frequent “green” recipe demos by local chefs with tastings; including 16-year-old chef Jeremy Salamon of www.jeremycooks.com, showing youth how to cook using organic foods and fixings. Jeremy is a junior at West Boca High School’s Culinary Academy in Boca Raton, a program within the school featuring a state-of-the-art commercial kitchen with four years of culinary training and teaching students about the food service industry in addition to preparing those that choose, like Jeremy, to continue their culinary education afterward.
- Get their taste buds going at the “Green” Food Court showcasing local restaurants selling organic/natural foods
- Enjoy live entertainment throughout the day
- Meet Disney Channel and Radio Disney eco-conscious teen stars Anna Margaret, Jasmine Sagginario, and Ryan Newman at an “up close and personal” autograph signing session (opening day Sat., Nov. 6th at 1 p.m.)
- Preview organic fashions at an eco-friendly fashion show hosted by Radio Disney teen star Ryan Newman (opening day Sat., Nov. 6th at 2:30 p.m.)
- Help “Rock The Planet” at a special Anna Margaret benefit concert with Jasmine Sagginario; tickets are $12 general admission (purchase at www.livinggreenfair.com) with a portion of proceeds to benefit the Wyland Foundation. (opening day Sat., Nov. 6th at 4:30 p.m.)
- Take the Wyland Living Green Fair Clean Water Pledge, a collaboration with the Miami Dolphins, with chances to win Miami Dolphins game tickets, dinners for two, signed art by Wyland, etc.
- Enjoy the Deliciously Green VIP “After Party” on November 6th at the close of opening day at the Wyland Living Green Fair as Caruso Ristorante, 4th Generation Market, Table 42 Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar, Jake’s Stone Crab and Rustic Cellar join together to roll out the “green carpet” at Royal Palm Place to benefit two local non-profits South Florida Green Drinks and the Wyland Foundation. The event sponsored by Royal Palm Place and www.livingfla.com, guides guests through Royal Palm Place where they will sample green food selections, wines, and specialty drinks at each restaurant. VIP guests can then continue their dining experience on their own at one of the participating restaurants offering exclusive dinner specials for Deliciously Green VIP “After Party” attendees.
For more information on the Wyland Living Green Fair event and exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities, visit http://www.livinggreenfair.com/, follow twitter/green_fair, friend on Facebook, email [email protected] or call 561-241-7309.
Marine Life Artist Wyland (http://www.wyland.com/) has earned the distinction as one of America’s most unique creative influences, and a leading advocate for marine resource conservation. An accomplished painter, sculptor, photographer, writer, and SCUBA diver, he has traveled the farthest reaches of the globe for more than 25 years, capturing the raw power and beauty of the undersea universe. The artist’s efforts, moreover, have been recognized by the United Nations, Sierra Club, the Underwater Academy of Arts and Sciences, where he is listed among its Diving Hall of Fame, and private and public institutions throughout the world. Listed in Who’s Who in American Art, the Guinness Book of World Records, and many other national and international publications, the multi-faceted artist has even hosted several series for television, including, “Wyland’s Ocean World” on the Discovery Channel’s Animal Planet Network. In spring 2010, the United Nations unveiled a commemorative stamp issue of Wyland artwork to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the UNESCO’S Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission. Today, Wyland is considered one of the most influential artists of the 21st Century, with artwork in museums, corporate collections, and private homes in more than one hundred countries. For more information, call Steve Creech at [email protected] or 949-973-7070.
About the Wyland Foundation:
Founded by renowned environmental artist Wyland, the nonprofit Wyland Foundation has helped children and families around the nation to rediscover the importance of healthy oceans and waterways through public art programs, classroom science education, and live events. The foundation gives children the tools they need to become more creative, positive, and solution-oriented. It has supported numerous conservation programs since its inception as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in 1993, including marine artist Wyland’s monumental Whaling Wall mural project — an epic series of one hundred life size marine life murals that spans twelve countries on four continents, and is viewed by an estimated 1 billion people every year. The Wyland Foundation, in partnership with the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, is actively engaged in teaching millions of students about our oceans, rivers, lakes, streams, and wetlands. For more information, visit http://www.wylandfoundation.org/.
About The Wyland Living Green Fair:
The 2010 Wyland Living Green Fair — set for Saturday and Sunday, November 6-7, 2010 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day in Downtown Boca — is a free and open-to-the-public interactive community experience that brings together art, community involvement, and awareness to teach individuals, families and businesses how easily they can go green in just a few simple steps, do better for the Earth and live a higher quality of lifestyle. In an entertaining way, activities will engage fair goers of all ages through an array of interactive experiences, product showcases, unique exhibitions, stage performances including “Rock the Planet” by Disney’s shining stars Anna Margaret, Jasmine Sagginario, and Ryan Newman, cooking demos and organic food tastings, displays of eco-friendly hybrid cars, previews of organic fashions, a kids eco-zone, the Wyland Clean Water Mobile Learning Center, Wyland’s Extreme Water Maze, Wyland painting 50-foot murals with children (a new one each day), movies, live music, concert performances by Disney Channel and Radio Disney teen stars, and a host of other activities including. A portion of proceeds benefit the Wyland Foundation (http://www.wylandfoundation.org/). Wyland — who was hailed a “Marine Michelangelo” by USA Today and is a leading international advocate for marine resource conservation — is lending his name and commitment to this year’s fair as the City of Boca Raton that serves as host to the fair, lends the green space in Downtown Boca. For more information on the Wyland Living Green Fair event and exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities, visit http://www.livinggreenfair.com/, follow twitter/green_fair, friend on Facebook, email to [email protected] or call 561-241-7309.